ARMY daze.

"A special breed of men" was the first thing i saw right when i was queueing to get beyond the walls of CMPB. Its from a poster the army's Guards Unit. A guy infront, with hi-tech equipment accompanied by Singapore's baby, the SAR-21.


Huh'


It took a good fifteen minutes till i locked the doors of my handphone locker. Its like a pigeon hole, only, imagine it being smaller and alot. Yeap, my door was the 549th locker. Handphone locker that is. I wanted to snap a picture but, after having made to walk through a few of those sensors-scanners-dectectors. Id better not. So i procceed on to the place. Its been so long since they ve closed the place to public, but nothing's really changed.

Had my photo taken. You wont want to know how i looked. CUZ I saw it on the screen and i was like "damn yan, too much of the eyes damnit." so yeah. use your imaginations.


Procceed to registering and doing stuff online. Writing this and that, enclosed details.. Checking the information that they had on me. I was surprised to see NCC being mentioned. Now im screwed. Took 10 mins to do that. oh yeah, all these time as i was doing all of this, my heart is beating damn fast. Anticipating what kind of method would be used by them to get blood from me. As i walk towards the valley of no return, eh, to the medical examinations hall, was it coincidence? I was this person with a damn gash on his arm. I started to look at everyones that i see walking past me.


So here starts the weird series of test that ive been to for the first time in my life.

Room 1: LAB

I had to pee in a bottle. Showed them what colour it reflected on that litmus paper like strip i guess. and procceeded on to the next room, the place where my balls went directly straight up to my throat. Needles. Doc talked alot, asking me how my life is and stuff like that so here how it goes;


Me: Im fine, thank you. Err is this gonna hurt? (lolol)
Doc: I assure it dosent. (Does his stuff)
Me: No offence sir, but i rather u do this fast.
Doc: None taken, but why s that?
Me: Well, i know what ur gonna do. Ur gonna talk to me about stuff and prick me with that thing.
Doc: (inserted the needle) well, since u said so. Hows life is going for mr sufian?
Me:Same old same old (looking at my blood flowing into that tube)
Doc: it dosent really hurt now does it? (exchanging the tube)
Me: (WTF. SECOND TUBE??!?)
Doc: Finishes. (takes the tube out while that prick of a needle still in my veins.)
Doc: Well, im about to take out the needle and i need you to bla bla bla
ME: (JUST FRIKKIN GET THAT THING OUT ALREADY.) ok no problem.
Doc: Thank you mr sufian.

I left the place. to number 2

HEARING.
Raise hands to detect sound. Nothing really much happened.
Number 3-4 was brief. Scans and eye sight.

until i came to number 5.

DENTAL.


FUCK NO. fuck no! after that needle now drills??!? wtf man wtf.
I sat there for 10 mins waiting for my turn, feeling almost nauseatic. But the tingling sensation from my arm kept me checked.
Muhammad SUFIAN SUHAIMI.


wth. it didnt even last 5mins and i felt worried all that for nothing? the dentist said some stuff which i didnt think it was english but i knew its stuff that says, sufian, ur teeths are ancient history. I wonder how u even eat. i guess. I got my ass out of there as fast as i could.


Room 6. ECG.
checked blood pressure
heart rate
medical assesment of history of illness bla bla bla.

guy: suhaimi. relax, ur heart rate is too fast.
me: ( HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO RELAX WHEN IM LIKE HALF NAKED IN MY BOXERS, IN A ROOM, LYING DOWN. WITH A GUY. FOR GOODNESS SAKE.) ok.

got butt naked and bla bla bla.
its was doors upon doors upon doors till this last place
where i had to do a series of wierd tests.
at the end of it, they asked for a comment.
and i wrote this


"No offence, but this must be the most wierdest series of tests that ive taken in a very long time since my chemistry exams. Shorten if possible. thank you."


A special breed of men huh. I guess they meant something else for the word special.
Now, all i hope is, to get into ARMY.
thank god i survived today. and im physically and mentally scared. lol